Viewing Capacity Manager Comfortably
If you find you are having difficulty viewing the website it may be due to one (or more than one) of the following reasons:
- your current browser settings are zoomed too far in, or out
- your current screen resolution is set too high, or low
- you are using a very small screen (on a netbook, for example)
Zooming in and out
Depending on the web browser you are using there are various ways to zoom in and out:
- On your keyboard press 'Ctrl' and '+' to zoom in (make things look bigger but fit less on the screen) - and press 'Ctrl' and '-' to zoom out
- If you have a mouse with a scroll-wheel press 'Ctrl' and roll the wheel upwards to zoom in and downwards to zoom out
- In Internet Explorer and Firefox click on the ‘View’ menu* and choose ‘zoom’
- In Safari and Chrome click on the ‘page’ glyph and choose ‘zoom’
* = if no menu bar is showing then depending on the browser if you right-click somewhere in the top part of the window (usually close to where the address-bar would be) a context menu appears allowing the user to choose whether to display the menu bar.
Separate to screen size there is the issue of resolution, because a small screen can be set to show high resolution (where everything appears smaller but more fits on the screen) or to a low resolution (where everything appears bigger but a lot less fits on the screen) – and a user could even set a large screen to low resolution and end up not being able to see the whole website area
The website is set out as a fairly standard size but a minimum area is needed because there are a lot of pages pages packed with quite a lot of graphics and/or text – and also, absolute positioning should has been used for various elements (e.g. the ‘Previous’ and ‘Next’ buttons) to make the website more comfortable to use
We recommend a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels at the very least (your existing resolution is likely to already be far higher than this)
As long as you are prepared to use a high enough screen resolution and zoom out enough to make the website fit in the screen, you could use the website with any size screen - however this is unlikely to be a comfortable experience.
We recommend a mimimum screen size of 11 inches (your computer screen is likely to be much bigger than this) - and at this size we further suggest that you consider making use of the 'text widget' (found on the top-right corner of the screen) to make the text larger and easier to read
If you look in the top-right portion of the web page you will see the words "text larger" followed by three 'a's in ascending size order. Clicking on one of the these 'a's makes the text on the website progressively larger or smaller.